Some of my reasons are serious, some of them are rather funny, there are also some amazing quotations that in my opinion sum up all I want to write and say about the topic.
1. You can get to know many interesting people who don’t your native language.
2. You can explore other cultures reading foreign literature.
3. Internet becomes more friendly when you know other languages!
4. When playing computer games or watching movies, you no longer have to wait for the translation!
5. You know what you eat in a restaurant abroad 🙂
6. „If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.” -Nelson Mandela
7. It’s much easier to find a job when you know languages.
8. There’s nothing more attractive than a person speaking multiple languages.
9. You don’t have to have a special gift or inborn qualities to speak multiple languages.
10. You can visit foreign countries without a phrasebook!
11. „Those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing of their own.”‒Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
13. Languages may become your additional source of income.
14. You develop your brain and memory.
15. Every next language becomes easier.
16. „Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.”‒Rita Mae Brown
17. It gives you self-confidence and develops your communication skills.
18. You can move to any place in the world.
19. Thanks to languages, you can explore new things and new passions.
20. You can go to study abroad.
22. You can work as a freelancer in copywriting, teaching or translation.
23. You understand all the announcements at the airport 🙂
24. You can work as a stewardess or a stuart and travel around the world
25. You can prepare dishes from the original recipes.
26. Poetry is never the same in translation as it is in the original.
27. „One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.”‒Frank Smith
28. You can read the ingredients on every product label 🙂
29. You don’t need a manual in your native language.
30. „To have another language is to possess a second soul.”‒Charlemagne
31. You also develop your native language at the same time.